Thursday, November 25, 2010

123 Cookies

This is a classical cookie from my childhood. We would help my grandma shape the dough, a bunch of kids, cousins, together... Later I got the recipe and started making them at home, I was still a child then.
Now I make them with my daughter. They are so easy. 
They are called 1-2-3 because the recipe is: 1 part of sugar, 2 parts of butter, 3 parts of flour. In Brazil we use metric system, so it's easy to memorize: 100g sugar, 200g butter, 300g flour.


Ingredients:

4 oz sugar
8 oz butter
12 oz flour
sugar to sprinkle

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 oF.
Mix sugar, butter and flour until smooth.
Shape dough to little balls and arrange them in a cookie sheet. If you wish, press a fork on the dough to flatten the cookies.
Bake until just starting to get golden.
Sprinkle with sugar right out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment