Monday, November 22, 2010

Pasta with Pumpkin and Fried Sage

And what did I do with what was left of the two pumpkins I used to make the Shrimp in a Pumpkin? I washed the inside, scraped the content, cut into pieces and used some of it to make the recipe below. My friend Julia had made something like this many years ago, one day I did my version and I liked it, so I never asked for the recipe ...



Ingredients:

pasta cooked al dente
3 tablespoons butter
a bunch of fresh sage
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 cup cooked pumpkin (still firm), cut in 1/2 " cubes
Parmesan cheese shavings

Preparation:

While the pasta is cooking, fry the sage in 2 tablespoons of butter on low heat. It will be done when the butter turns a little dark (do not let it burn) and the sage is crisp. Reserve.
In the same pan where you fried the sage, heat 1 tablespoon of butter, fry the onion until it gets golden. Add the diced pumpkin. Stir and fry for a few minutes.
Serve the pasta with the pumpkin pieces and the fried sage, together with the browned butter (used to fry the sage). Sprinkle some parmesan on top. Serve immediately.

Fresh Sage

Fried Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment